Fitness dropshipping became of particular interest these months, as people became less mobile because of the coronavirus outbreak and turned instead to fitness products for their homes or backyards. With literally hundreds of thousands of available products on Aliexpress, with prices starting as low as $0.6 and reaching up to thousands of dollars, this niche may be profitable, even if it is a crowded one. So how to dropship fitness products the smart way?
If you’re looking to start dropshipping in the fitness niche, it’s important to consider that there are different types of products that fall under this general category. In other words, there are multiple sub-niches within the larger category of fitness products.
Top Suppliers for Any Fitness Niche
As an online reseller operating in the competitive world of dropshipping – especially in the fitness niche – you almost certainly know just how important it is to choose the right products. But what about the right suppliers? Choosing the right supplier is incredibly important! Be careful not to overlook this critical partnership – a successful dropshipping store will heavily depend on a successful partnership with the right supplier.
That being said, there are several suppliers, besides Aliexpress, which you could research and negotiate with.
- Aquatix – Based out of Miami, Florida, this fitness dropshipping supplier specializes in aquatic therapy equipment and exercise gear used in surgical recovery.
- Deltech Fitness – This supplier is located in Louisville, Kentucky and they offer a wide range of products, including benches, dumbbells, lat machines, machines, power racks, and weight trees.
- National Fitness Products – This company is based in Toronto, Canada and they offer ellipticals, stair masters, treadmills, and workout centers.
- Fitness Systems – This fitness dropshipping supplier is not based in North America. Instead, they have their HQ in Bolton, United Kingdom and they specialize in cable bars, medicine balls, and weight racks.
On the accessories side, there are thousands of products you should dropship. Before choosing the products, check our articles on finding winning products first.
This is a broad category that can refer to a number of different products, but in the context of the fitness niche and dropshipping it usually means electronics or gadgets. For example, workout headphones that are specifically designed to be Bluetooth-compatible, water-resistant, and durable are particularly popular. There is also a growing market for fitness trackers like the Fitbit as well as smartwatches. Furthermore, this category can also include non-electronic accessories, like braces, back supports, and therapeutic accessories.
Besides Aliexpress, you can sell proven winning products from:
- Alibaba – Located in Hangzhou, China, this legendary supplier has been around since the beginning of dropshipping. If you’re trying to find a profitable fitness niche to dropship, it’s worth pointing out that Alibaba is highly trusted and respected in the e-commerce world. They also offer an amazing selection of fitness gadgets!
- BestBack – This supplier is located in Newark, Delaware. As you may be able to tell from their name, it primarily focuses on all fitness niche accessories to protect your back from injury or over-exertion. This includes braces, support systems, and products you can use to relax strained muscles.
- HealioHealth – Located in Akron, Ohio, this supplier specializes in therapeutic and health accessories. This includes heating pads, rollators, topical pain relief, crutches, and electro- or ultrasound therapy.
Dropshipping fitness supplements
This is a particular lucrative area, as the purchases aren’t one time only and so you can more easily build a brand store. That being said, besides Aliexpress you can get your fitness supplement supplies from sellers like:Avena – This supplier is located in Skipton, United Kingdom and specializes in working with independent and small e-commerce stores. So, if you’re looking for a good place to start dropshipping supplements within the fitness niche, then Avena is a solid choice!
- Superior Supplement Manufacturing – Based in Fountain Valley, California, this supplier has a sterling reputation for being both a manufacturer and wholesaler of supplements. Within their extensive inventory, you’ll find products to lose weight, extend stamina, boost strength, and increase muscle.
- GreenDropShip – Primarily based out of Pennsylvania, we have a major distribution center in Los Angeles, California. This means that we can quickly ship out products to customers anywhere in North America. We focus on natural and organic products that are made in the USA. This includes not only fitness supplements, but also general Health and Wellness items like aromatherapy, essential oils, natural remedies, and beauty products.
It’s important to note that there are multiple China-based suppliers that offer supplements. However, the safety record in China is not as strong as in Canada, the US, or the UK. As a result, many online resellers will only dropship fitness supplements from suppliers based in one of these countries.
The Market and its Trends
This is one market that has demonstrated to be evergreen. Have you at any point found or saw that individuals are scanning for the absolute best and best approaches to keep up the most elevated level of fitness. It could be in other to glance extremely alluring in broad daylight or for some wellbeing reasons. This is the thing that makes this market extremely enormous. A proof of this is there are loads of Fitness Dropshippers in it than what you will discover in some other market.
We will not provide you with “winning products”, as the market changes and fluctuates and so it’s up to you to figure these out or check the videos embedded in the article, but ecomPedia.com will provide you with something move valuable which you can use any time.
Valuable tips and advices in dropshipping fitness items
- Check that the Aliexpress provider ships both from China and US; the shipping times will be cut this way and you will be able to deliver an overall much better experience to your clients.
- Try and take your own photos of the products. As you well know, most of the photos provided by Aliexpress or even other companies are lower quality and can be even repetitive, driving clients away. Take your own photos instead or hire a professional photographer to do it for you. On a similar note, you should also try, if possible, to create your own video ad.
2. Do NOT copy-paste the Aliexpress or other providers description of the products. Instead, do your own. Not only this sets you apart from your competition, but you can highlight the immediate benefits for the clients and what problem solver your product is.
3. If you’re selling products which can lead to injuries, make sure you thoroughly test the products yourself or/and a specialist, prior to starting your business. If your clients discover defective items or, worse, they injure themselves, that could lead to legal problems and a major blow to your dropshipping business.
4. Try and niche your store. If you start your store by selling ALL fitness, the chances of succeeding are slimmer than if you niche up. So, instead of selling bottles, smart watches, yoga mats and weights, just focus on a niche and build a brand around it. For example, find several great smart water bottles and go for those. Focus on selling unique and really necessary products.
5. Check your grammar! There’s an INCREDIBLE amount of stores out there that outright ignore the grammar problems but they insist on selling to native English speaking countries. Double and triple check your grammar – this goes to any store, not only for the fitness ones, of course. Remember to remove “powered by Shopify” from the footer of your store.
6. Build a strong social media presence. Instagram, Facebook, but also consider going strong on Tik-Tok with funnier clips. If you can find and hire a bodybuilder and/or athlete to give a shout-out on your store, it could boost your business overnight.
Have you found your winning products for your fitness store? How long did it take you to become profitable? Let us know in the comment section below.